- EFPA Symposiums at International Congress of Applied Psychology 2014
At the 28th International Congress of Applied Psychology in Paris that was held in July 2014 the Board of Ethics held two invited symposia.
First one addressed the issue Psychologists working with disadvantaged women in different European countries and resulting ethical dilemmas
Three presentations were addressed (with the click on the title, you can access the abstracts):
- Yesim Korkut: Complicated situations posing ethical dilemmas and requiring ethical sensitivity while working and researching with low S.E.S immigrant women
- Nina Dalen: Ethical dilemmas faced in evaluating and managing suicidal risk in grieving women.
- Vita Poštuvan: Suicidal Attempt - a Cry for Help for Disadvantaged Women?
- Catherine Wieder was a discussant of the symposia.
Second symposia adressed Media, social media and psychologists.
- Henk Geertsema: The EFPA media guidelines: development and implementation
- Miguel Ricou: Providing psychological services over internet and telephone
- Yesim Korkut: Pychologists and social media: advantages, risks and restrictions
Carol Falender disscused the topic further